6.14.2007

g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s is b-a-n-a-n-a-s

I'm going to be in a wedding next month, and for it, I had to buy a pair of silver, bride-approved high heels. To avoid teetering like a woman on stilts at the event, I decided to practice wearing them around the house. It's fun, because 1. they make that clicking sound when I walk across the kitchen, one that I always associate with adulthood, the sound of elementary school teachers curtly clicking down the tiled hallway, and 2. It's like playing dress-up while I empty the dishwasher.

The other day, though, I realized I was vacuuming the apartment in these glitzy shoes. How "Look" magazine is that? Maybe I'll put the dress on and clean the oven.

2 comments:

Fisch said...

What does Mo think about the clicking noise?

Ryan said...

I can hear your interior monologue at the wedding: "Okay Lisa...this is just like you practiced in the kitchen. The priest is the dishwasher...Cara is oven.